Findings from the 2011 Sustainability & Innovation Global Executive Study and Research Project
This year, most survey respondents say sustainability is on their companies’ management agendas to stay. What’s more, a substantial portion of respondents say their companies are profiting from sustainability activities.
READ THE REPORT
- The Sustainability Movement Nears a Tipping Point
- Most Managers Believe a Sustainability Strategy is a Competitive Necessity
- Embracers vs. Harvesters
- Companies Are Upping Their Sustainability Commitments
- Resource-Intensive Industries Lead the Way
- External and Internal Drivers of Sustainable Business Practices
- Emerging Markets Have a Strong Commitment to Sustainability
- Europe Seen as Sustainability Leader
- Harvesters Have Strong Organizational Support
- Harvesters Link Sustainability and Performance
- Sustainable Practices Improve Collaboration
- Survey Questions and Responses
Knut Haanaes is a partner and managing director in the Geneva office of The Boston Consulting Group, as well as the head of BCG’s global sustainability practice.
Martin Reeves is a senior partner and managing director in the New York office of The Boston Consulting Group. He is also the global leader of BCG’s strategy institute.
Ingrid von Streng Velken is a project leader in the Oslo office of The Boston Consulting Group and the global manager for BCG’s sustainability practice.
Michael Audretsch is a consultant in the Oslo office of The Boston Consulting Group.
David Kiron is executive editor of MIT Sloan Management Review’s Innovation Hubs.
Nina Kruschwitz is MIT Sloan Management Review’s managing editor and special projects manager.
Martha E. Mangelsdorf, Editorial Director, MIT Sloan Management Review
Robert W. Holland, Jr., Managing Director, MIT Sloan Management Review
Stefan Wächter, Analyst, BCG
David Arthur, Consultant, BCG
Claire Love, Project Leader, BCG
Diederik Vismans, Project Leader, BCG
Eugene Goh, Principal, BCG
Sarah Murray, Writer
Elena Corrales, Analyst, BCG
Douglas Woods, Partner and Managing Director, BCG